Thursday, June 21, 2012

Toy Soldiers Concert

Toy Soldiers, one of my favorite Philly bands, played at World Cafe Live on Saturday night and I was not only lucky enough to attend but I scored a photo pass too!

Singer-song writer Jordan Hull from Nashville started the night off with some slow folk songs, kind of resembling a young Josh Ritter. But don't let this baby-face fool you, he later breaks out the banjo and rocks out during the Toy Soldiers set. 

Thom McCarthy, the definition of a nervous nelly, pleasantly surprised the crowd with his soulful yet folkish ballads despite his admitted nerves. He very well stole the show with his intriguing lyrics and passionate showmanship. Check out a quick video from Saturday night.

After two great opening acts, Toy Soldiers finally took the stage and kept the energy going throughout a nearly two hour set. Debuting a bunch of new songs off their upcoming album release, I was in heaven listening to Ron Gallo belt out some blues-rock-n-roll tunes. Numerous special guests, including my new favorite person Thom McCarthy, graced the stage with Toy Soldiers later in the set only adding to the great night of music.








I hope I can become this guy's best friend someday, he was so entertaining!






Overall it was a great show and it made me even more excited for their upcoming album, hopefully being released sometime in the fall. But fear not, I'll get to see them again (with Thom McCarthy!!) at the end of July. It's going to be a great summer of music!


No comments:

Post a Comment