Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Spaghetti Squash

Since the recent acceptance of my gluten-allergy I have been attempting to eat gluten-free (beer doesn't count right?), though it can be extremely challenging at times. My Madre has been amazing and is constantly making me gluten-free versions of my favorite foods (because she knows I'm too stubborn to do it myself). Long story short, pasta used to be one of my favorite foods so my Madre bought me a squash to try out spaghetti squash--a recipe I had been dying to try.
It's probably the most simple recipe I've ever tried, with cutting the squash in half being the most difficult part, ha!
Once you chop that bad boy in half preheat the oven for 375-400 degrees (different recipes gave varying temperatures), place the squash on a baking sheet and let it bake for about an hour.
I didn't really have the time or resources to make my own spaghetti sauce from scratch so a store-bought jar would have to do. I did however throw some chopped zucchini and carrots into the mix to make it my own.
 After about an hour in the oven you should be ready to go.
Scrap the insides of the squash with a fork--it will begin to take the shape of regular spaghetti.
 It's like magic!
 Throw some sauce on those "noodles" and you are good to go.
I'm so happy I finally gave this recipe a try. It was easy, delicious and best of all I didn't have to deal with any gluten-reactions. Win-win-win my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment