Last year was a great year with many amazing adventures and memories [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] but it was also a very tough transitional period of my life. I learned from all the ups and downs of 2011 and I couldn't be happier to take on the new year.
2012 New Year's Resolutions...
- Run, run and run some more! Last year I realized that I truly enjoyed running and completed my first half marathon. I hope to do another half marathon in addition to the broad street run!
- Read more, bored-internet-roaming less. This may seem kind of hypocritical to say since I'm writing a blog but I have found myself bored, checking and rechecking for a notification or new email when I could be doing more productive things with my time, such as reading!
- Do more "Do It Yourself" Projects. I love creating things and with the help of pinterest I have become obsessed with trying out any and all DIY projects I come across
- Visit a new country...hopefully Spain with Elizabeth! (crossing my fingers!)
- Work less, hang out with my friends and family more. So many times over the past couple years I have found myself working multiple jobs to pay for bills and my student loans but now that I have found my big girl job (and my restaurant job is closing) I will finally only have one job! This opens my weekends to enjoy the company of the people I love the most =)
- Eat better, eat fresh. I have removed all meat and poultry from my diet for over a year now but every now and then when things get hectic I forget to stick to balanced diet. This year I am going to attempt to cook more, eat fresh-local-organic, and hopefully enjoy more balanced meals.
- Keep moving forward. I have grown so much in the last year, I hope 2012 brings just as much growth and improvement!